Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If you lived here, you'd be home now

I walked alone, down the familiar path, towards a familiar place I hadn't seen except in my daydreams.
But I turned at the split in the road
While she felt the same, I could not bring myself to wander alone, I had seen enough of her to know, that she knew, I was there.
I pressed the flat of my palm against the roughness of her trees,
still squeeking, but taller then I remembered
And I stretched my eyes as far as they could go, willing them to race around the corner and fill me with happiness.
I missed the Arch, where I used to sit and stare, understandingly at my mountains
I didnt go down that path, I dont know why. I think we ran out of time.

Sitting, just sitting. Looking around at all that once was and always will be, minus us...and the others
I felt like I was at a wake.
Like she had passed on and we, were remembering her
But I felt warmth...like for a moment...she regained life
Thanking us for all coming at once
Wanting us to stay
Save her from something she had no power over

That place was never a home to me
It was so much more
because even when I was alone, I never felt it
She was the greatest of all lovers

I could feel myself looking around, sketchy...as if I didnt want her to see that I had returned
"You never call...you never write..."
But I felt forgiveness, instantly

Walking away, my heart broke
Again, broken hearted
Leaving her, again
Again the tears came
and here I am, again
Wishing for just one more day
Im her glorious warm mountain arms,
cool ghostly lakes
And stone

My heart is broken
because I know
We will never be together
Again

No comments:

Post a Comment