Saturday, August 28, 2010

Recurrences

On my way up to Dublin the other day in the car with Eoghain, it was so clear that I could see Benbulben, all the way in Sligo...it gave me itchy feet...and put a longing on me.
Then yesterday on my way to Pages...Nephin was so so clear...well it was like I could just reach out and touch it.

I haven't thought about Kylemore in the same way since I got my tattoo...and I think thats the reason why.
I put a stamp on it, sort of. A The End. And I guess some sort of closure came with it.

But when I see mountains...well I just cant help myself I suppose.


Me and Alex were in Clare about two weeks ago, for a couple of days with her folks...and we were in mountains the whole time...but its the Burren, so their mountains are a bit different to Connemara's...
But I got to see my mountains on the drive home...which made me happy...

I think when I settle, somewhere, eventually, whenever that happens...I will have to be near mountains and water. I dont think that that is too much to ask :)

The ocean and lakes really centre me. I instantly feel at ease, as if I am totally safe and no more harm can come to me.
And mountains...well there's something magical and powerful and unsettling about them, isnt there?
They sort of put us in our place, because we feel so small and insignificant. And I think that's important.
Its good to know that your not the biggest thing out there. That nature is actually alot more powerful then everyone put together. She has the upper hand in all things.

We have to remember that

No comments:

Post a Comment